Monday, March 10, 2014

Chicken bacon Alfredo pasta

For dinner last week I made chicken bacon Alfredo, and I must say it was delicious. I also added broccoli to it. If you don't like vegetables, this is a great way to get your serving of broccoli because the other ingredients make it hard to taste. This is the recipe I found online that I followed: 

Ingredients
1 lb thick cut bacon
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper 
8 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup heavy cream
4 oz fresh Parmesan cheese
8 oz dried fettuccine 
2 cups frozen broccoli florets

Directions
1. Preheat a 12" skillet over high heat
2. Fill a large stock pot with water and add pasta when water boils. Cover pot and brings to a boil over high heat. Once the pasta is no longer pliable add the broccoli and cook until the pasta is almost all the way done. 
3. Meanwhile, grate cheese and set aside. 
4. Once the skillet is hot, use kitchen scissors to cut bite size pieces of bacon j to the skillet. Cook and stir occasionally until the bacon is cooked through. 
5. Meanwhile, wash and chop chicken into bite size pieces. 
6. Once the bacon is done, remove it with a slotted spoon and drain bacon grease from skillet but not all. Add the chicken bites and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until through. (About 5 minutes) then remove chicken. 
7. Drain drippings and return skillet to stove over medium heat. Cut butter I to 8 pieces and melt on the pan. Once to almost all the way melted add the cream and whisk until combined. Add cheese and whisk until your Alfredo sauce is smooth. 
8. Use tongs and remove pasta and broccoli from the pot and put it straight into the Alfredo sauce, stir. Add the chicken and bacon and heat for about 5 minutes so the sauce is absorbed. 

I swear I can't cook anything without something going wrong, which may or may not be a good thing that I chose cooking for my genius hour. During this meal, I managed to set off the smoke detector while I was cooking the bacon. Therefore I recommend cooking it on medium heat rather than high heat. But this may not have been a problem for anyone but me. Or cook it in the microwave, which I ended up doing for the last half of it. Either way it tastes good. 
Also, Instead of grating the cheese myself, I bought already grated Parmesan cheese instead. Other than these two things, I did everything else the recipe said. 

This is a great meal for before a sport competition or a workout because there is a lot of protein and carbs, which is necessary to get the full benefit of a cardio workout. I highly recommend this recipe! Here's my final product. I promise it was good, even though it may not look all that pretty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment