Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Crepes

For breakfast a few Sunday's ago, I made crepes for my family. They're perfect for breakfast but also very good as a snack or dessert. For a breakfast crepe, add jam, fruit, or make a breakfast sandwhich with egg ham and cheese. Dessert crepes can be apple cinnamon, mousse filled, cream filled with raspberries or nutella and fruit. Here's the recipe I followed:

1 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup millk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons of melted butter

Crepes are supposed to be very thin so I used a 1/4 cup to measure out and pour the batter into the pan.
This recipe makes about 8 crepes, which sounds like a lot but isn't! I doubled the recipe when I made them and kept the left overs in the fridge. It's a very simple and delicious recipe and I highly recommend it! But they're easy to over cook so watch them carefully. I overcooked the first couple but after a few it gets easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment